The Cosmopolitan, like any great fashion icon, has gone in and out of popularity over the years. After suddenly being launched into the lime light, then inevitably cast aside as being passé, this potion should always remain a staple of your cocktail wardrobe.
Originally made with Citron Vodka, this head-turning beauty owes its start to similar drinks like the The Cape Cod (aka The Cranberry Martini made with vodka, cranberry juice and lime) and the Kamikaze, made with vodka, triple sec and lemon juice. Personalize your fashion statement by adjusting the amount of juice in the mix. A ruby glow always looks stunning in a martini glass, but it’s worth noting that the original recipes describe a barely there pink lemonade hue.
- 1½ oz vodka
- ½ oz Cointreau or triple sec
- ½ a freshly squeezed lime
- ¾ oz cranberry juice
- Ice (for shaker)
- lime slice, or twisted lime rind for garnish
- Shake the vodka, Cointreau (or triple sec), lime and cranberry juice in a shaker with ice.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass, garnish with twist of lime rind, and enjoy.