Apple chips are really easy to make, and are a sweet, healthy, crunchy snack addiction. You don’t need to add anything at all – just bake a bunch of apple slices at 200F for an hour, then flip them and continue baking until mostly dry. Brushing with a little optional maple syrup and cinnamon makes them extra special.
- Apples (not optional)
- Maple Syrup and Cinnamon (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice apples thinly crosswise, using a sharp knife or a mandolin slicer (about ⅛" thick).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat sheet, and arrange slices in one layer, as many as you can fit on the cookie sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, flip slices over and bake for another hour or until all slices are just getting crispy and very lightly browned. Continue baking as noted above.