After a 5 year wait, we finally made it back to Paris. Our first Paris trip together was in November 2006 for our belated honeymoon, and it was half way through that trip that we realized we’d never get through the entire “must see” list we’d been compiling for weeks. This year’s visit allowed us finally finish up that list, and to tackle our new list of luscious Parisian Markets.
Our hotel was in the 7th Arrondissement, right in the shadow of the Eiffel tower and just a block away from the world famous Rue Cler market. Some of the other markets around the city we visited are listed below and were some of the nicest city Markets we’ve seen. More photos and posts to come, including our Paris-inspired dishes and cocktails… but of course!
- Marché Raspail – on Boulevard Raspail in the Latin Quarter, known for its Organic (or Agriculture Biologique) selections
- Rue Mouffetard – famous street market in the Latin Quarter
- Marché aux Fleurs et aux Oiseaux – situated on Île de la Cité; a daily market with bird sellers every Sunday
- Marché de Grenelle – on Rue de Grenelle in the 15th Arrondissment
- Marché Avenue du President Wilson – in the 16th Arrondissement
- Saxe-Breteuil – behind the Ecole Militaire, with pleasant views of the Eiffel Tower through the trees